1. Strategic Location
- Gateway to Asia, connect with 45% of the world’s population.
- Launch pad into ASEAN Economic Community:
- 620 mil population; USD 2.4 tril trade potential; USD 617 mil market.
- Microcosm of authentic Asian experiences.
2. Internationally Connected, Locally Accessible
- Over 60 direct international airlines, from more than 100 destinations.
- 5 International Airports – Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
- KLIA: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) – main airline hub.
- KLIA 2: International and local low cost including full service carrier airport.
- Seamless connectivity via air, land (Thailand/Singapore) and sea.
3. Value for Money
- Competitively priced products and services.
- Favourable exchange rate: Approximately USD 1 = MYR 4.0; Euro 1 = MYR 4.4
- 7th Most Price Competitive in the Asia Pacific (Travel & Tourism Competitive Report 2015, World Economic Forum).
- 5th Best Priced First Class Hotel in the World (TripAdvisor’s TripIndex Room Service, 2014).
4. World Class Facilities & Services
- Key locations: Kuala Lumpur; Putrajaya; Penang Island; Langkawi Island, Kedah; Kuching, Sarawak and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
- Wide range of facilities, from hotels with meeting facilities to purpose-built meeting/convention centres.
- Total of major 20 convention/exhibition centres, max capacity for up to 10,000 delegates per event.
- 200,000 sqm current total exhibition space, additional 80,000sqm by 2017.
- 6 convention/exhibition centres to be launched by 2019.
- Collaborative government and industry supports facilitated by MyCEB.
5. Variety of Accommodations
- Diverse range – budget-friendly, boutique, 3 to 5-star luxury hotels to fully equipped serviced apartments, within close proximity to event venues.
6. Solid Track Record
- Malaysia has been hosting numerous significant business events, often drawing record attendances, just to name a few:
- Malaysia International Furniture Fair (MIFF)
- Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS)
- The Asian International Machine Tools and Metalworking Technology (METALTECH)
- Asian Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Engineering Exhibition (OGA)
- 7th International Aids Society (IAS) HIV Conference in Pathogenesis and Prevention 2013
- Woman Deliver Conference 2013
- Million Dollar Round Table 2014
- Australian Directors’ Conference 2015
7. Unique Locations and Venues
- Exciting sensory experiences for meetings, incentive travels and beyond.
- Breath-taking vistas – 130 million-year-old tropical rainforests, 800+ idyllic islands and “untouched piece of art” diving sites off Sabah.
- Iconic landmarks, e.g. PETRONAS Twin Towers and UNESCO heritage sites – Georgetown, Penang; Melaka City, Melaka and Kinabalu National Park, Sabah.
8. Microcosm of Asia
- Population of over 30 million – Malay, Chinese, Indian, and 47 other indigenous groups.
- Multi-culturalism reflected in cuisines, arts & heritage, traditions, lifestyle and year-round colourful festivals.
- Variety of authentic cultural and lifestyle experiences for corporate meetings and incentive travel itinerary – Unique themes, venues, CSR and team building programmes to enrich, recharge and reward.
9. Gastronomic Paradise
- Globally renowned for a delectable array of local and international delicacies:
- Nasi Lemak – Time’s Top 10 Healthy Breakfast, 2016.
- Laksa – 6th World’s Best Food, CNN’s Facebook, 2015.
- Penang, Malaysia – Top Culinary Spot, Lonely Planet 2014.
10. Recognised for Excellence
- Destination Support:
- Among the Top 10 countries for Best International MICE Destination (China MICE Industry Golden Chair Award, 2016).
- Best for MICE in Asia 2014 (Business Destinations Travel Awards, 2014).
- Strong Economic Fundamentals & Performance:
- 18th Most Competitive Economy in the World For Doing Business & 4th in Asia Pacific (World Bank, Doing Business Report, 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency).
- Melting Pot of Multiculturalism and Diversity:
- 8th Most Visited Country in the World (MasterCard Index: Global Destination Cities Index, 2015).
- Top 10 Travel Destinations (Lonely Planet, 2014).
- 11th Most Travelled Destination in the World (United Nations World Travel Organisation – UNWTA, 2013).
- Friendly and Harmonious:
- Top 10 Most Peaceful Country in Asia Pacific and 28th Safest and Most Peaceful in the World (Global Peace Index, 2015).
- Ease of Communication: 2nd Highly Proficient in English among non-native speaking Asian countries and the only country outside Europe (English Proficiency Index, 2015).
CMW’s guide to Malaysia provides you with an overview of this exciting destination especially when it comes to planning your next event.