AMERICAS - Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has announced its 2012-2013 Board of Directors, MPI Volunteer Chairs and MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees, for the fiscal year 1 July, 2012 to 30 June, 2013.
Kevin Hinton, Executive Vice-President of Associated Luxury Hotels International, will assume the role of the 2012-2013 Chairman of the MPI Board of Directors, while Vincent LaRuffa, Vice-President Resort Sales and Marketing at Universal Orlando Resort, will lead the 2012-2013 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees.
Hinton, a former MPI Chicago Chapter President, joined the MPI Board in 2008 and was a member of the Audit/Finance Committee and Governance/Nominating Committee prior to being elected Chairman-Elect in 2011.
LaRuffa has served on the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees since 2008 and joined the Executive Committee in 2010.
The full MPI 2012-2013 Board of Directors Executive Committee line up is:
• Chairman: Kevin Hinton
• Chairman-Elect: Michael Dominguez, Senior Vice-President of Sales, MGM Resorts International
• Vice-Chairman of Finance: Kevin Kirby, Senior Director-Worldwide Sales, Hard Rock International
• Vice-Chairman: Roel Frissen, CMM, Managing Director, Parthen
• Vice-Chairman: Carl Winston, Director, School of Hospitality and Tourism, San Diego State University
• Immediate Past Chairman: Sebastien Tondeur, CEO, MCI Group Holding SA
The 2012-2013 MPI Volunteer Chairs are:
• Audit/Finance Committee: Kevin Kirby
• Chapter Advisory Council: Tara Liaschenko, CMM, CEO, The Link Event Professionals, Inc.
• Governance/Nominating Committee: Sebastien Tondeur
• Knowledge Advisory Council: Michelle Allgauer, CAE, CMP, CMM
• Marketplace Advisory Council: Daniel Estatico, Sales Director, Walt Disney World Resort
• Membership Advisory Council: Angela Layton, CMP, Marketing and Event Specialist, Healthtech Holdings, Inc.
• RISE Awards Judging Panel: Barbara J. Cummins, CMP, CMM,Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
MPI membership is comprised of more than 23,000 members belonging to 71 chapters and clubs worldwide.
Bruce MacMillan left MPI as CEO and President on 30 June 2012. MacMillan had led the association for six years and Chairman-Elect Kevin Hinto is chairing a CEO search committee to find a replacement.
Do you have news for CMW? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org