AMERICAS - Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) has announced its 2012-13 Board of Directors during its 98th Annual Convention on 16 –18 July in Seattle, Washington.
Greg Edwards assumes the role of 2012-13 Board Chair. "Stepping into the role as Chair for DMAI is both humbling and exciting. To contribute to a major association in the travel industry is a true honour for me," he says.
The following officers of the DMAI Board of Directors were previously elected and are up for ratification:
- Chair: Greg Edwards, Greater Des Moines, CVB, IA USA
- Chair-Elect: Martha Sheridan, CMP, Providence Warwick CVB, RI USA
- Immediate Past-Chair: Kevin Kane, Memphis CVB, TN USA
- Secretary/Treasurer: Scott Beck, Visit Salt Lake, UT USA
- Foundation Chair-Elect: Robin Carson, Kingsmill Resort & Spa, VA USA
- John Groh, Rockford Area CVB, IL USA
- Leonard Hoops. Indianapolis CVA, IN USA
- Cheryl Kilday, CDME, Spokane Regional CVB, WA USA
- Olivia Simmons, CDME, Visit Florida, FL USA
- Julie Wearn, CDME, Roseville Visitors Association, MN USA
- Chair, Global Leadership Advisory Council: Jerad Bachar, CDME, CASE, Dubai Convention Bureau, Dubai
- Chair, Allied Member Advisory Council: Paul Winkle, Miles Media Group, FL USA
- Immediate, Past-Chair, DMAP: Jim Wood, FCDME, Louisville CVB, KY USA
- Tammy Blount, FCDME, Monterey County CVB, CA USA
- Elliott Ferguson II, Destination DC, DC USA
- Jack Ferguson, Philadelphia CVB, PA USA
- Marina James, Tourism Winnipeg, Canada
- Raymond Kim Busan CVB, South Korea
- Karoyn Kirchgesler, Visit Saint Paul, MN USA
- William C. Pate, Atlanta CVB, TX USA
- Richard Scharf, Visit Denver, CO USA
- Gary Sherwin, CDME, Visit Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Scott White, CHSP, Palm Springs Desert Resorts CVA, CA USA
- Carl Wilgus, Pocono Mountains VS, PA USA
DMAI also announced a new line up for its 2012-13 Foundation Board of Trustees with President and CEO of VisitPittsburgh, Craig Davies assuming the role of Chair.
In related news, DMAI officially launched its DMO Marketing Study at its annual convention. Industry leaders discussed the study on destination marketing organisation (DMO) marketing strategies and investments and how it could help shape marketing agendas of US based DMOs.
"Until now there hasn’t been a definitive comprehensive study about how destinations are investing their marketing dollars and why," says President and CEO of DMAI, Michael D. Gehrisch. "It was important to create a study that would give the industry this information to better shape their marketing agendas."
Do you have a news story for CMW? Email: email@example.com