Cvent reports that 6,000 MICE, hospitality and event professionals from across the UK and Europe are registered for its annual industry conference, Cvent CONNECT Europe, which takes place in digital form only this year, 10-11 November 2020.
Cvent reported record-breaking numbers for its virtual North America event in August, and now anticipates record numbers for the free, two-day European virtual experience.
The event speaker line-up, is designed to deliver a broad mix of industry leaders from across the MICE space including:
- An interview with IHG CEO Keith Barr in the session: Leading in Challenging Times. Keith will share his thoughts on the state of the hospitality industry, the challenges facing MICE and transient business, and how he’s leading IHG toward recovery.
- Hugh Brasher, event director, London Marathon Events and James Rees, executive director, Conferences & Events, ExCel London/President, ICCA will talk about adapting and evolving in the current climate. In the session: The 2020 Challenge – The 2021 Opportunity they will discuss the common challenges faced by venues and event organisers and how collaboration between industry and tech partners can fuel recovery and help plan for safer meetings and events in 2021.
- Chris Skeith, CEO, AEO, Cecilia Lavin, President, ILEA UK and Julian Agostini, founder and MD, Mash Media will share their views on a panel discussion entitled, The Event Industry Stands Together in 2020 – Are Policymakers Responding?
- Gloria Guevara Manzo, CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council, Maud Bailly, CEO Southern Europe, Accor and Sebastien Tondeur, CEO, MCI Suisse SA will share their views on a panel discussion entitled Travel 2021: The CEO Outlook.
- An interview with Radisson CEO Federico J. González who will discuss the challenges facing the hospitality industry throughout Europe, the future of meetings and events, and what it takes to lead in a crisis.
- A Women in Leadership panel with Lorraine Copes, Founder, BAME in Hospitality; Stephanie Dubois, senior event director, SAP; Ciara Feely, sales strategist and author of Steps to WIN. The session will reflect on the progress made so far and explore what comes next for women in leadership.
Other highlights of the conference include expert-led educational content; 1:1 appointments for more personalised conversations and deeper connections and virtual product and exhibitor booths.
Jamie Vaughan, vice-president at Cvent said: “Very few businesses in the events and hospitality industry have been left unscathed by the challenges of 2020. With that in mind, we wanted to bring speakers who would not only resonate with our delegates, but who could truly empathise with what they are going through. By the end of the conference, we hope all attendees will feel empowered by the valuable insights our speakers have to offer, and feel well-prepared to take the necessary steps to help them not only survive but thrive for years to come.”
To register or to learn more, please visit the Cvent CONNECT Europe Virtual website