The Events Industry Council (EIC) has recognised 37 professionals who have earned the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation. The CMP programme was launched in 1985 and aims to provide education, increased professionalism, and enhanced career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximising the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
Amy Calvert (pictured), CEO of the EIC, said: “I am proud to welcome this latest class of Certified Meeting Professionals into our industry as we continue to work toward a bright and sustainable future. Your commitment to excellence and continued learning is a testament to the strength and resilience of the global business events industry and we are honoured to have you join our community.”
More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation. For a full list of this cohort’s CMPs, please click here.