Web & Digital Administrator
£25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
About Mash Media:
To assist us on our exciting period of growth and innovation, we are looking for someone to be part of the implementation of new marketing technology and automation systems throughout the company. There are so many exciting opportunities that await a passionate and experienced web and digital professional – Come join us!! Mash Media is the largest and most inclusive media company in the global events industry. Our portfolio of products covers every sector of the industry, from exhibitions and trade fairs, through conference and brand events, and into outdoor events and festivals. We talk to event professionals around the world, every day through our print and online publications. We also meet them face to face, via our live events and exhibitions; Mash Media owns three of the biggest event based exhibitions in the UK. This means that everyday Mash Media is providing forums for events professionals to benchmark, develop, share, learn and sell through our brands.
We are looking for a web and digital professional who is both bold, brave and is looking to take the next step in their career to lead the event and editorial website strategy with the management team and to work with the marketing team to ensure this dovetails into the wider email and digital strategy. Using data, customer insight, content and targeted audience personas, A/B and landing page testing you will understand how to optimise both web and mobile based websites and have a firm understanding of SEO and Google rankings.
You will be a self-motivated and organised individual who loves to win working alongside a great team, across the marketing mix. The purpose of this role is to adhere to SOPs while driving marketing innovation forward, establish relationships with key suppliers, outsourced companies and internal teams to ensure the tasks of each project are executed as directed. To deliver effective marketing campaigns that keep the events in the number one positions in the sectors
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for our portfolio of websites, including 5 online magazines and about 20 event websites running on external CRM systems, WordPress and Drupal platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual looking to make the most of their current skill set and learn new skills to develop the role and themselves within the business.
• Assessing needs from a brief to create new websites, while following brand guidelines with the internal sales and marketing teams and coordinating with third party CRM systems to get them built within deadline
• Developing and managing websites and CRM systems for conferences
• Administering and optimising existing websites to provide the best user experience possible
• Reporting and analysing web traffic with Google Analytics to gain insights in our audience, as well as using Google tools (Studio, Tag Manager, Search Console) for tracking and optimisation web traffic, performances and behaviours
• Ensuring the delivery of all digital advertising and the satisfaction of our clients and partners
• Overseeing our external server management team
• Troubleshooting errors and working with internal and external teams to ensure fast resolution
• Liaising with all the departments and directors to assess business needs, researching and implementing new solutions
• Mentoring more junior teammates
• Knowledge or desire to learn html for email coding and dynamic list management
The ideal candidate:
• 2 years of experience working as a web developer, web designer or web administrator in a commercial environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Pro-active approach and ability to learn new skills autonomously
Technical Skills – Essential
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience creating responsive UI
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
• Experience with additional CMS (Drupal or Joomla preferred)
• PHP development experience
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Linux environment
• Interest in UX/UI
• Google Ad Manager
• Google Data Studio
• Experience in using an email service provider such as Adestra, Acoustic, DotMailer.
- Web Services
To apply for this role contact Gareth Dedman