1. Strategic Location
- Gateway to Asia, connect with 45% of the world’s population.
- Launch pad into ASEAN Economic Community: 620 mil population; USD 2.4 tril trade potential; USD 617 mil market.
- Microcosm of authentic Asian experiences.
2. Internationally Connected, Locally Accessible
- Over 60 direct international airlines, from more than 100 destinations.
- 5 International Airports – Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
- KLIA: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) – main airline hub.
- KLIA 2: International and local low cost including full service carrier airport.
- Seamless connectivity via air, land (Thailand/Singapore) and sea.
3. Value for Money
- Competitively priced products and services.
- Favourable exchange rate: Approximately USD 1 = MYR 4.0; Euro 1 = MYR 4.4
- 7th Most Price Competitive in the Asia Pacific (Travel & Tourism Competitive Report 2015, World Economic Forum).
- 5th Best Priced First Class Hotel in the World (TripAdvisor’s TripIndex Room Service, 2014).
4. World Class Facilities & Services
- Key locations: Kuala Lumpur; Putrajaya; Penang Island; Langkawi Island, Kedah; Kuching, Sarawak and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
- Wide range of facilities, from hotels with meeting facilities to purpose-built meeting/convention centres.
- Total of major 20 convention/exhibition centres, max capacity for up to 10,000 delegates per event.
- 200,000 sqm current total exhibition space, additional 80,000sqm by 2017.
- 6 convention/exhibition centres to be launched by 2019.
- Collaborative government and industry supports facilitated by MyCEB.
5. Variety of Accommodations
- Diverse range – budget-friendly, boutique, 3 to 5-star luxury hotels to fully equipped serviced apartments, within close proximity to event venues.
6. Solid Track Record
- Malaysia has been hosting numerous significant business events, often drawing record attendances, just to name a few:
- Malaysia International Furniture Fair (MIFF)
- Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS)
- The Asian International Machine Tools and Metalworking Technology (METALTECH)
- Asian Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Engineering Exhibition (OGA)
- 7th International Aids Society (IAS) HIV Conference in Pathogenesis and Prevention 2013
- Woman Deliver Conference 2013
- Million Dollar Round Table 2014
- Australian Directors’ Conference 2015
7. Unique Locations and Venues
- Exciting sensory experiences for meetings, incentive travels and beyond.
- Breath-taking vistas – 130 million-year-old tropical rainforests, 800+ idyllic islands and “untouched piece of art” diving sites off Sabah.
- Iconic landmarks, e.g. PETRONAS Twin Towers and UNESCO heritage sites – Georgetown, Penang; Melaka City, Melaka and Kinabalu National Park, Sabah.
8. Microcosm of Asia
- Population of over 30 million – Malay, Chinese, Indian, and 47 other indigenous groups.
- Multi-culturalism reflected in cuisines, arts & heritage, traditions, lifestyle and year-round colourful festivals.
- Variety of authentic cultural and lifestyle experiences for corporate meetings and incentive travel itinerary – Unique themes, venues, CSR and team building programmes to enrich, recharge and reward.
9. Gastronomic Paradise
- Globally renowned for a delectable array of local and international delicacies:
- Nasi Lemak – Time’s Top 10 Healthy Breakfast, 2016.
- Laksa – 6th World’s Best Food, CNN’s Facebook, 2015.
- Penang, Malaysia – Top Culinary Spot, Lonely Planet 2014.
10. Recognised for Excellence
- Destination Support:
- Among the Top 10 countries for Best International MICE Destination (China MICE Industry Golden Chair Award, 2016).
- Best for MICE in Asia 2014 (Business Destinations Travel Awards, 2014).
- Strong Economic Fundamentals & Performance: 18th Most Competitive Economy in the World For Doing Business & 4th in Asia Pacific (World Bank, Doing Business Report, 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency).
- Melting Pot of Multiculturalism and Diversity:
- 8th Most Visited Country in the World (MasterCard Index: Global Destination Cities Index, 2015).
- Top 10 Travel Destinations (Lonely Planet, 2014).
- 11th Most Travelled Destination in the World (United Nations World Travel Organisation – UNWTA, 2013).
- Friendly and Harmonious:
- Top 10 Most Peaceful Country in Asia Pacific and 28th Safest and Most Peaceful in the World (Global Peace Index, 2015).
- Ease of Communication: 2nd Highly Proficient in English among non-native speaking Asian countries and the only country outside Europe (English Proficiency Index, 2015).