Vilnius – the capital city of Lithuania
Facts and figures
- Area: 402 km2 (155 mi2)
- Population: 540,919
- Language: Lithuanian, one of the oldest languages in Europe.
- Currency: Euro (since January 2015)
- Time zone: UTC/GMT + 2 hours (EET), UTC/GMT + 3 hours (summer time EEST)
- Buildings cover 20,2% of the city and in the remaining areas, greenery – 43,9% and 2,1% is covered by water.
- Climate: humid continental. The average annual temperature is 6.1 °C (43 °F). In January the average temperature is −5 °C (23 °F), in July it is 17.0 °C (63 °F).