The Western Ukrainian city of Lviv has nominated its first Honorary Ambassadors for the global MICE market.
Eleven finalists received the official title of ‘Lviv Honorary Ambassador’ for their contribution to the development of the city as a destination for international congresses.
The programme was initiated by the Lviv convention bureau and is supported by the city’s mayor Andriy Sadovyi.
“The conference industry provides opportunities for communication with the world’s smartest people. The work of ambassadors is a bridge that we are building and which should be used to bring all this wealth to our city,” the mayor said.
The first list of Lviv Honorary Ambassadors for the years 2016-2017 include:
- Łukasz Abgarowicz – Member of Polish Sejm,
- Olexander Filtz – Director of Lviv Regional Clinical Psychiatric Hospital
- Iryna Klyuchkovska – Director of International Institute of Education, Culture and Diaspora Relations at Lviv Polytechnic National University
- Bohdan Prakh – Rector of the Ukrainian Catholic University
- Pavlo Sheremeta – Head of the Ukrainian Catholic University School of Public Management
- Andriy Sybirnyi – President of NAS of Ukraine as the first Director of the Institute of Cell Biology
- Nikodem Szczyglowski – Chairman of the Board of the SIA Baltic Aviation Support
- Paul Tomandl – President of Reisewelt Ukraine Ltd.
- Myron Uhryn – President of the Ukrainian Dental Implantologists Association
- Stepan Veselovskyi – CEO Lviv IT Cluster
- Myhailo Zarichnyi – Dean of Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty at Ivan Franko National University in Lviv
The finalists were selected according to criteria including their connections to Lviv, business success, leadership qualities and professional reputation as well as their conference management skills.
Lviv has been spared the turmoil that continues in the east of the war-torn country.