MIDDLE EAST – The Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) has won Best Events Venue at the Middle East Event Awards 2013, a major achievement for a venue that is only in its second year in operation.
The annual ceremony, which took place in Dubai last week, recognised the region’s top event and exhibition companies. Winners were selected based on votes from a panel of events’ industry experts.
The Centre, which is a member of Qatar Foundation, has attracted a number of high profile events in the 18 months since opening.
“We are proud of the recognition bestowed by our peers within the region’s events industry,” says Adam Mather-Brown, General Manager of QNCC.
In the award submission, the centre showcased its versatility by highlighting the various types of events that took place in QNCC as well as the range of services available to support an event. An example cited was the cooperation with the Qatar team during the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP18/CMP8), which saw 17,000 delegates in attendance.
This award followed the announcement a week ago that Doha has strengthened its ranking among the world’s most popular convention destinations in the 2012
International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) rankings. The city moved up by 49 positions to share the 111th position with Florence, Riga and San Juan, in a list of over 360 named cities in the recently released ICCA 2012 Rankings.
Other winners on the night include:
- Best Exhibition (Trade or Consumer): Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company – International Defence Exhibition and Conference – IDEX 2013.
- Best Event on a Budget: Action Impact – du Surprises.
- Best Special Event: Lighthouse Productions – Grewal – Sachdev Wedding Reception Armani Pavilion.
- Best Meeting or Conference: WRG – COP18/CMP8 Conference.
- Best Corporate Product or Service Launch: mamemo productions – Inauguration of Khalifa Port.
- Best Music Event: Flash Entertainment – Beats on the Beach.
- Best Event Lighting Design: Avantgarde – ‘The Centre of Now’ New Years’ Eve Celebration.
- Best Arts and Culture: WRG on behalf of Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority – Qasr Al Hosn Festival.
- Best Sporting Event: Corporate Games – Abu Dhabi Corporate Games.
- Best Festival: Emirates Airline Festival of Literature.
- Best Events Venue: Qatar National Convention Centre.
- Employer of the Year: IIR Middle East.
- Best Sound Production: Filmmaster MEA – 50th Anniversary of the Constitution of Kuwait.
- Best Exhibition Stand Design: Projex – The Abu Dhabi Pavilion at the World Routes Development Forum.
- Best Event Design: RedFilo on behalf of Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority – Summer in Abu Dhabi.
- Best Temporary Venue or Structure: Al Laith Event Services – Red Bull X-Fighters.
- Best Entertainment Production: G-Force Arts Production – Opening Ceremony of FAI World Parachuting Championships – The Mondial, Dubai 2012.
- Supplier of the Year: Delta Sound.
- Young Achiever: Abhiroop Sen.
- Outstanding Contribution to the Middle East Event Industry: Pierre Marcout.
Do you have any news for CMW? Email email@example.com