European Cities Marketing elected new members of its Board and Executive Committee at the association’s General Assembly in Malmö in June 2018.
The ECM’s International Conference & General Assembly in Sweden gathered more than 170 attendees and Frans van der Avert (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) was elected new vice-president for a three-year term.
Pier Paolo Mariotti (Bolzano, Italy) and Ignasi de Delàs (Barcelona, Spain) were also re-elected and confirmed ECM vice-presidents dedicated to the meetings industry and treasurer respectively.
The newly elected ECM board members are as follows: Sam Johnston (Dublin, Ireland), Miguel Sanz (Madrid, Spain) and Yvonne Coulin (Nuremberg, Germany).
Dieter Hardt-Stremayr (Graz, Austria) continues in his role as president of the association and Petra Stusek (Ljubljana, Slovenia) keeps her position of vice-president dedicated to leisure and tourism.
Hardt-Stremayr said: “I am delighted to work with all these wonderful and dedicated board members. The industry is going through deep changes, and I am also proud to count on an excellent line-up in our Board to keep going. Thanks to their willingness and diligence, we can keep on providing our members with the latest market intelligence, leading-edge developments and marketing best practice.”
Full current ECM Executive Committee:
- Dieter Hardt-Stremayr, president (MD, Graz Tourist Office)
- Petra Stusek, vice-president leisure & tourism (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
- Pier Paolo Mariotti, vice-president meetings industry (Meeting Manager, EURAC Convention Centre Bolzano)
- Frans van der Avert, vice-president city marketing (CEO, Amsterdam Marketing)
- Ignasi de Delàs, Treasurer (deputy general manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
- Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (deputy convention director, Wonderful Copenhagen)
- Sam Johnston (manager, Dublin Convention Bureau)
- Erwin Van de Wiele (CEO, Ghent Tourist Office)
- Barbara Jamison (head of business development – Europe, London & Partners)
- Miguel Sanz (tourism director, Madrid Destino)
- Yvonne Coulin (manager, Nürnberg Tourismus)
- Goran Pavlović (head, Opatija Convention and Incentive Bureau)
- Nicolas Lefebvre (CEO, Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de Paris)
Marta Stawińska (senior project manager – Tourism Development, Poznań Tourism Organisation.
European Cities Marketing is a non-profit organisation aiming to improve the competitiveness and performance of leading cities of Europe by providing a platform for convention, leisure and city marketing professionals to exchange knowledge, best practice and widen their network to build new business. ECM is promoting the interests of members from more than 110 major cities in 38 countries.
Caption: ECM Board members (from left to right and top to bottom):
Miguel Sanz (Madrid), Sam Johnston (Dublin), Goran Pavlović (Opatija), Marta Stawińska (Poznan), Barbara Jamison (London), Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Copenhagen), Nicolas Lefebvre (Paris),
Ignasi de Delàs (Barcelona), Pier Paolo Mariotti (Bolzano), Petra Stusek (Ljubljana), Dieter Hardt-Stremayr (Graz), Frans van der Avert (Amsterdam) and Erwin Van de Wiele (Ghent).