Brimming with a vibrant multicultural population, live music and arts scene, incredible culinary dining experiences, and inspired hidden alleyways, Melbourne, Australia has much to offer conference organisers and delegates alike.
Crowned ‘Oceania’s Leading Meetings and Conference Destination’ at 2020’s World Travel Awards, for the seventh year running, Melbourne offers international associations and professional conference organisers the highest concentration of conference facilities in Australia, including the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) – one of the largest event spaces in the southern hemisphere. The destination, considered one of the world’s most liveable cities, also has sophisticated event infrastructure and an innovative, sustainable supply chain. When the time is right, Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) is here to help you plan your future conference with confidence find out how.
How MCB can help you plan for your event during uncertain times?
Helping clients navigate the challenges presented by Covid-19 is MCB’s top priority.
MCB has created a Safe Events Melbourne microsite to assist you in planning your event in Melbourne with confidence. Relevant links to more information including FAQs about Coronavirus, travel advice on DFAT’s Smart Traveller site, the Australian Government Department of Health website and Business Events Australia’s website are also provided.
MCB has developed alternative options to ensure clients can keep promoting their meetings, particularly as face-to-face engagement opportunities are limited. This includes:
- Changing the operating environment to maintain engagement with our clients and target markets in new and creative ways
- Using Melbourne’s innovative supply chain to support the delivery of hybrid events with domestic face-to-face delegates and virtual elements for international delegates.
- Delegate Destination Site, virtual reality tours of Melbourne, improved digital bid books, destination training presentations, and delegate boosting kits.
The services MCB offers to help you plan for your future event – when the time is right:
Working closely with you in the lead up to, during and post your international meeting, the MCB team will provide a suite of services to ensure the planning process is smooth and the event is attended by the maximum number of delegates.
- Financial support. The majority of this funding is upfront cash payments from the State Government of Victoria, payable before the conference commences to minimise any financial risk. Tourism Australia’s Business Events Australia Bid Fund Program also offers financial support at the bidding stage to offset event costs in Australia. To discover more about Australia as a business events destination, visit: australia.com/businessevents
- Introductions to Victorian State Government Departments, Ministers and Victorian Government Trade and Investment Offices in 12 international locations
- A highly qualified Local Organising Committee with extensive conference organising experience
- A dedicated Convention Servicing department providing bespoke end-to-end event delivery support
- Strong support from local industry and academia.
A commitment to making events affordable and accessible for all delegates. MCB can offer a number of benefits including travel grants, discounted airfares, accommodation and free public transport.
Why should event planners choose Melbourne?
Whether it’s a conference, business meeting, gala dinner, or city experience tour you’re looking for, Melbourne Convention Bureau can help you easily connect with premium event suppliers to create a show stopping event.
Some highlights of the city include:
International ‘Safe City’ – One of the world’s safest, welcoming and cleanest destinations. Melbourne is accredited as an International ‘Safe City’ by the World Health Organisation.
Expertise and experience On average, MCB hosts more than 200 events each year across three sectors – international associations, national events and corporate, meetings and incentives. With over 50 years’ experience in the industry, MCB understands client needs and expectations and the team is expert in providing tailor-made planning solutions to ensure the success of corporate events.
Conference facilities: Melbourne offers the highest concentration of conference facilities in Australia, including the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) – one of the largest spaces in the southern hemisphere.
Accommodation for every purpose: Over 34,000 hotel rooms in the city centre and inner Melbourne with another 12,000 additional rooms to be built over the next few years.
Unforgettable experiences in Melbourne – Melbourne is a haven for exploration and discovery and there is no shortage of unique group activities across the city and regional Victoria to add an incredible wow factor to your itinerary. With a diverse range of pre-and post-conference touring, incentive experiences and a year-round calendar of +350 annual events that cater to all interests, cultures and requirements.
MCB welcomes the opportunity to help international associations and professional event organisers bring their event to life and looks forward to welcoming you to Melbourne in the near future.
For more information visit: https://www.melbournecb.com.au/business-events/ or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org