Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC) has joined forces with Rydges Hotel South Bank to open up a one-stop-shop opportunity for smaller and medium sized conferences seeking a convention centre experience but with a single point of contact for both accommodation and conference facilities. South Bank Conferences is an initiative designed to simplify that process.
The recently refurbished Rydges South Bank is connected by private entry to the BCEC in the heart of Brisbane’s arts and entertainment precinct. All 304 rooms including 64 suites have been refurbished as part of a A$30m (US$23.5m) upgrade including the creation of new spaces and experiences.
The smaller and medium conference market makes up a significant number of the centre’s annual conference business and benefits envisaged by the new one-stop-shop offer include:
- A variety of world class flexible boutique conference spaces
- Whole of event proposal with event spaces and accommodation aligned
- Free fully functioning conference App for delegates
- Access to ‘Australia’s Best’ in house Audio Visual
- VIP hotel check-in and conference branded room keys
- Welcome pack for organisers
- Award-winning hotel and fine dining restaurant, Bacchus
- Concierge services coordinating the stay and conference activities
- Riverside location set in the heart of Brisbane’s arts and cultural precinct providing added value for conference delegates
BCEC general manager, Bob O’Keeffe says South Bank Conferences is a game changer for the industry. “For us it’s about providing value and choice for clients.
“Reflective of BCEC’s previous successful partnership model collaborating with business, the arts, education and research, this initiative is pivotal to developing innovative solutions targeting the specific conference needs of clients.”
General manager, Rydges South Bank, Callum Kennedy said South Bank Conferences provides organisers with a turnkey solution in one of the most beautiful, safe and welcoming cities in the world.
“Together with the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, we have listened to what conference clients want and what they need looking to the future and we have created a partnership that meets this need.”
For more information visit www.southbankconferences.com.au