The Auckland Convention Bureau (ACB) has announced three new appointments to its team.
Richard Clarke (pictured), who joined Auckland Unlimited as head of major events in January 2020, will lead the Auckland Convention Bureau following the departure of Anna Hayward. Richard’s role is now head of major and business events.
He is also leading Auckland Unlimited’s roll out plan for the Regional Events Fund, which is designed to promote domestic tourism through major and business events.
Also new to the ACB team is Kenneth Pereira who joins as business events manager – Australia. Ken was previously with the New Zealand International Convention Centre and most recently he was an event Development manager within Major Events at Auckland Unlimited.
Sarah Burilin joins the ACB as marketing and communications manager following Jeanette Stanton’s move to Business Events Industry Aotearoa last month. Sarah will oversee the team’s connection into Auckland Unlimited’s wider marketing and partnership strategy.
Eloise Barnes continues with the Major and Business Events Feasibility team and will focus on the development and implementation of the Business Events Fund component of the Regional Events Fund.
Gemma Wood continues in her role as the revised business events manager – domestic and international.
The full new Auckland Convention Bureau team line up:
- Head of major and business events – Richard Clarke
- Business events manager – Australia – Kenneth Pereira
- Business development manager – Melbourne – Edwina Fitzsimon
- Business development manager – Australia – Anne-Sophie Pouzin
- Membership and event services executive – Natalie Allan
- Business events manager – Domestic and International – Gemma Wood
- Business development executive – Associations – Jessica Skinner
- Sales and marketing research executive – Eloise Barnes
- Sales executive – Stephanie Rice
- Marketing & communications manager – Sarah Burilin
- Business support coordinator – Natasha Grant