The Hellenic Association of Professional Congress Organisers and Destination Events Specialists (HAPCO & DES) has appointed Sissi Lignou (pictured) as the president of its Board of Directors (BoD).
The announcement was made at the recent 11th Panhellenic Conference of HAPCO & DES, entitled Reconnect to Accelerate, held at the Divani Caravel Hotel in Athens, Greece.
The General Assembly of the Association took place during the meeting, which led to the election of the BoD. Lygnou has been a board member since 2007 and served as the association’s secretary general.
The new BoD is as follows:
- Honorary president: Irene Tolis, ERA Congress & Events
- President: Sissi Lignou, AFEA Travel & Congress Services
- First vice-president: Panagiotis Podimatas, Podimatas Audiovisual
- Second vice-president Maria Papadaki, Event Makers
- Secretary general: Antonia Alexandrou, Convin SA
- Treasurer: Dimitris Paliouras, Global Events
- Members: Irini Toli, ERA Congress & Events; Zenia Kerasidou, Megaron Athens, International Conference Centrem; Costas Karageorgakis, ETS Events & Travel Solutions; George Kiagias, Optimum Greece; Maria Papapanagiotou, KEGM Tourist & Conference Enterprises SA Congress World, Evangelos Pantos, Grand Hyatt Athens
- Alternate member: Thanos Marinoglou, MD Congress
The restart of the in-person meetings and the strategy shaping the new framework for the future of the industry were the main topics of the conference. The event took place as an in-person meeting after two years of absence and included sessions on subjects, such as:
- The power of collaboration and synergies
- Sustainable development
- New leadership models
- Women and leadership
- Mental health (how important is a pause before acceleration)
- Personal development and evolution
- “Metaverse and new technologies”
During the HAPCO Annual Meeting the Ukraine war was underlined, and the impact it is expected to have on the tourism and meetings industry. Representatives from the Lviv CVB live streamed into the event and updated the delegates on the situation.