Israel-based global association and conference management specialist, Kenes Group has named Ori Lahav (pictured) its new chief executive officer (CEO). The appointment is part of a restructuring of the group’s management team.
Lahav is only the third CEO in the history of Kenes Group. The last CEO change was made in 1999 when Dan Rivlin took the role from his father and founder, Gideon Rivlin. Dan Rivlin will now take on the role of executive chair and chief vision officer (EC & CVO).
Lahav joined the company in 2013 as associate vice-president marketing, and brings more than 15 years of marketing experience to the management team. At the beginning of 2017, he moved to lead the client accounts and operations as vice-president. It was a year in which he also joined the IAPCO Council (IAPCO – the International Association of Professional Congress Organisers). In 2020, he became president of the association.
Dan Rivlin commented: “Ori is a natural fit for the CEO position. I expect him to bring his character and personality to this new and demanding role. Both Ori and I see eye to eye on the most underlining issues and we plan to continue to grow the company in the same spirit.”
“I am honoured to count on this trust and recognition from Dan and the rest of the global team. It is an exciting time to be in our industry and I plan to make the most of it for Kenes Group,” added Lahav.
The Kenes management board has been expanded this year, elevating some long-standing Kenes Group leaders. The following new roles were successfully incorporated into the company’s leadership:
- Uzi Drori joins the management team as chief information officer.
- Limor Cunia joins as vice-president clients & operations – a direct successor to Ori Lahav’s position
- Adi Ingber joined Kenes Group earlier this year as vice-president of human resources bringing over 15 years of experience in HR.
- Avital Rosen has taken over as vice-president business development and has been with the group since 1991.
- Audrey Alloul has taken the lead of a new department in the company as vice-president digital. She joined Kenes Group in 2005 and was a key force behind the creation of VirtuOz – the company’s virtual events platform.
- Perry Gil-Ran is now associate vice-president client accounts, supporting Limor in her work with clients. Perry joined Kenes Group in 2006.