With ever more regions and cities around the globe recognising the vital role Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) plays in spurring economic growth (MICE delegates contribute as much as four times more per visit than leisure tourists), there is also an increasing demand for experienced MICE professionals worldwide.
In response to this, three leading industry associations – the International Association of Exhibition and Events (IAEE), Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) have united around the Global MICE Collaborative to work in emerging markets outside of North America to develop the MICE workforce.
The association partners said that although many cities and regions are investing in infrastructure to increase their appeal as a MICE destination, they often lack the know-how and human capital to deliver meetings, incentives, events and exhibitions to international standards
The associations now intend to pool professional resources on exhibitions, meeting and event planning and incentive travel to foster the development of the MICE profession, and professionals, in these regions.
SITE CEO Didier Scaillet (pictured) said his association was “thrilled to join together with IAEE and MPI to provide MICE professionals in emerging destinations the resources and competencies they need to grow their MICE business”.
SITE added that the Global MICE Collaborative was the only worldwide solution able to “accelerate MICE workforce development and destination awareness through competency-building, live events, research, consulting and access to a vibrant community of experienced professionals”.
The Collaborative said it intended to achieve its goal:
- Through professional competencies, the Global MICE Collaborative will deliver unparalleled comprehensive education and certification to develop the workforce and advance the professionalism of the industry.
- Through live events, the Global MICE Collaborative will bring MICE professionals together in experiences that inspire, energise and provide ongoing professional development and business exchanges.
- Through peer-to-peer engagement the Global MICE Collaborative will be the world’s go-to community for MICE professionals, delivering relationship value at every stage of their careers.
- Through destination consulting, the Global MICE Collaborative will provide consultation, market research and trade education that will enable tourism and destination marketing organisations, venue operators, event organisers and destinations to reach the highest level of success.
- Through research and advocacy, the Global MICE Collaborative will bring awareness of the value of the MICE industry and propel the industry forward by delivering data-driven trend reporting and pan-industry initiatives.
More information: www.micecollaborative.com