The new appointments followed a gap and skills analysis of the existing Board and a review of 10 applications.
The new Directors were appointed effective 27 May 2019. They are:
- Beverley Williamson (pictured), Melbourne Convention Bureau
- Suzana Bishop, Federation Square
- Paula Nolan, Commonwealth Bank Australia
A new Board Strategic Advisor, Nigel Collin, was also appointed.
The new appointees join existing Board members:
- Chair: Anne Jamieson, Saxton Speakers Bureau
- Vice-Chair: Kate Smith, WALDRONSMITH Management
- Treasurer: Michael Firman, Harry the hirer
- Board member: Alana Hay, Milestone Creative Australia
Chair of MEA Board, Anne Jamieson commented on the changes: “The new Board members add a depth of knowledge and experience that support our strategic intent; at a time when MEA is carving out a strong, sustainable future.”
MEA is the peak body representing the events industry in Australia.