Due to uncertainty and the possibility of a No Deal Brexit, the Portuguese Government has prepared a contingency plan to avoid, as far as possible, disruption for British travellers to the country, the country’s tourism board has said.
This plan includes the following measures:
- Visa exemption (trips up to 90 days)
- Dedicated passport control areas/lanes for UK flights
- Possibility of mutual recognition of driving licences
- Use of the Portuguese National Health Service
- Validity of UK travel insurance policies
- Provide simplified requirements for UK nationals´ pets
- Similar passenger security taxes for UK nationals
“In addition to the measures above, Turismo de Portugal has decided to increase its promotional effort in the UK and has already negotiated with major partners joint promotional campaigns, and will launch a new advertising campaign under the claim ‘Brelcome, Portugal Will Never Leave You’. This campaign is to reinforce the message that Portugal, as always, welcomes the British.