St Petersburg’s Expoforum has underlined its continuing focus on international markets as well as its diverse capabilities, by announcing a list of association congress wins across sectors including health, life sciences, energy and education.
Events on the list include: the World Psychiatry Association’s Congress 2020 and the 20th LNG International Conference and Exhibition 2022. Both signed agreements this month.
Other upcoming congresses and events include:
- Congress of the Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Association 2019 (3,500 pax)
- 23rd UNWTO General Assembly 2019 (1,000 pax)
- Worldchefs Congress and Expo 2020 (1,700 pax)
- International Mathematical Olympiad 2020 (1,300 pax)
- World Congress of the World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons 2020 (1,500 pax)
- Rhinology World Congress 2021 (2,000 pax)
- World Energy Congress 2022 (4,000 pax)
- Euroskills (Worldskills) 2022 (2,000 pax and 15, 000 participants)
- International Congress of Mathematicians 2022 (5,000 pax)
Maria Tsedeviyn, International Development Director at Expoforum, comments: “St Petersburg is aiming to become Russia’s capital of conferences and these wins and upcoming events demonstrate our growth across a wide variety of markets. We have superb flight access from around the world, industry leading facilities and a city capable of supporting many different types of conferences and events.
“In particular, the diverse specialisms and sectors represented across the city and region mean we are able to host incredibly diverse associations – as shown by this high-profile list of events we look forward to welcoming over the next three years.”